Privacy Notice – Hampton Health
- The health and medical information contained within this website is intended solely for registered patients and should never be used as a substitute for seeking advice from your GP.
- Accuracy – whilst we have made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and validity of all information provided on this website, the practice does not accept responsibility for events arising from the use of the information provided. Advice offered to patients, while being as accurate and complete as possible, should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with the patient’s own doctor.
- Links – all links from this website are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for sites linked to, or for the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement. This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit
- Website availability – we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of use of this information.
- Medical Information on the Internet – if you use the Internet for medical information then please be aware of the following points:
- Review more than one site and attempt to obtain a balanced view
- Check for the authors’ names and qualifications – anonymous information is less likely to be sourced accurately
- Uses sites that are regularly updated
- Be aware that advertising might influence the site contents – check for commercial sponsorship
- Avoid online consultations and diagnoses
- Information sourced from outside the UK might describe treatments not available here
- Data Collection we collect information from users who communicate with us via the website, aggregate information on which pages users access or visit, and information volunteered by the viewer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our product and the quality of our service.
- As a data controller, the Company is required to notify the Information Commissioner’s Office that it is processing personal data.
- The Company is registered in the register of data controllers. Data controllers must renew their notification with the Information Commissioner’s Office on an annual basis. Failure to notify constitutes a criminal offence. Any changes to the register must be notified to the Information Commissioner’s Office within 28 days of taking place. The Designated Officer shall be responsible for notifying and updating the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- We do not set first party cookies on this website containing any personal data unless specifically instructed to do so by the user. For example, if a user requests to be remembered on a form then a cookie is set to retain the form data for next time.
- Google Analytics collects information such as pages you visit on this site, the browser and operating system you use and time spent viewing pages. The purpose of this information is to help us improve the site for future visitors.These cookies are not used to track you or your activity but if you do not wish these cookies to be stored on your computer, disable cookies in your browser settings.
- You may delete Cookies at any time. To do this please see the help section in your internet browser to find out how to delete your cookies.
- Cookies Used – the following cookies are set by Google Analytics
- Data Storage this website uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the website services.
- Disclosure – the surgery may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with the law or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Data protection officer: Peterborough and Cambridge Care Commissioning Group
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, Lockton House, Cambridge, CB2 8FH
Octagon Medical Practice
Copyright © 2023 Hampton Health – All Rights Reserved.