Levitra Extra Dosage is a medication that is primarily used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. It contains the active ingredient vardenafil, which belongs to a class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. This medication works by increasing blood flow to the penis, resulting in improved erectile function. Levitra Extra Dosage comes in tablet form and is typically taken orally about 30 minutes to one hour before sexual activity.
It is important to note that Levitra Extra Dosage does not cure erectile dysfunction or increase sexual desire. It only helps to achieve and maintain an erection when sexual stimulation is present. This medication is not intended for use in women or children.
Levitra Extra Dosage should not be taken by individuals who have a known hypersensitivity or allergy to vardenafil or any of the other ingredients in the formulation. It is also contraindicated in patients who are taking nitrates, as the combination can cause a sudden and significant decrease in blood pressure. In addition, individuals with certain medical conditions such as severe liver or kidney disease, unstable angina, or a history of heart attack or stroke should not take this medication.
Before starting Levitra Extra Dosage, it is important to inform your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, and herbal supplements. Certain drugs, such as alpha-blockers, may interact with vardenafil and increase the risk of side effects.
Potential Side Effects
Like all medications, Levitra Extra Dosage may cause side effects in some individuals. The most common side effects include headache, flushing, nasal congestion, and indigestion. These side effects are usually mild and go away on their own within a few hours. However, if you experience any severe or persistent side effects, it is important to seek medical attention.
In rare cases, Levitra Extra Dosage may cause more serious side effects such as prolonged and painful erections, vision changes, or hearing loss. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking the medication and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
The recommended starting dose of Levitra Extra Dosage is 10 mg, taken orally as needed, about 30 minutes to one hour before sexual activity. Depending on the individual’s response, the dose may be increased to a maximum of 20 mg or decreased to a minimum of 5 mg. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage instructions and not exceed the recommended dose.
If you miss a dose of Levitra Extra Dosage and plan to engage in sexual activity, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
In case of overdose, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of overdose may include severe headache, dizziness, fainting, or prolonged and painful erections.
Mixing with Other Drugs
Levitra Extra Dosage may interact with certain medications and cause potentially harmful effects. It is important to inform your healthcare provider about all other drugs you are taking, including prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and herbal supplements.
Medications that may interact with Levitra Extra Dosage include nitrates, alpha-blockers, antifungal drugs, and certain antibiotics. Combining these drugs with vardenafil can cause a sudden and significant drop in blood pressure or enhance the risk of side effects.
Ask and Answer
- Q: Can Levitra Extra Dosage be taken with food?
- A: Levitra Extra Dosage can be taken with or without food. However, taking it with a high-fat meal may reduce its effectiveness.
- Q: Is Levitra Extra Dosage habit-forming?
- A: No, Levitra Extra Dosage is not habit-forming and does not lead to physical dependence.
- Q: Can Levitra Extra Dosage be used in women?
- A: No, Levitra Extra Dosage is not approved for use in women. It is specifically indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
- Q: Can Levitra Extra Dosage be taken by individuals with diabetes?
- A: Yes, Levitra Extra Dosage can be taken by individuals with diabetes. However, it is important to monitor blood sugar levels closely and consult with a healthcare provider.
- Q: How long does the effect of Levitra Extra Dosage last?
- A: The effect of Levitra Extra Dosage can last up to five hours. However, individual response may vary.